As we progressed through the school year, she would, from time to time, be out for a day or two for treatment. I hated those days, because I genuinely enjoyed her teaching and the general optimism that seemed to follow her. As the end of the year neared, it seemed that she was healing and recovering quite well, and it was exciting to watch her progress.
The year ended, but that certainly wasn't the last I'd see of her. I'd walk. . .
Anyhow, despite these legal workarounds, the project is still on shaky turf as it still uses DMCA'ed code, especially considering Wolvereness himself explicitly threatened legal action (although he doesn't seem to have done anything yet and is currently dedicating his time to crafting extremely huffy. . .
Yeah, it took me almost two years, but I finally did it. Both my main and development blogs now support comments. All you need is an account (which is super-easy to create) and you're good to go.
I also fixed a number of problems involving redirects and inaccurate view counts. Turns out, when I made my dev blog, I broke the view count system by sending all log info to the dev blog's database even if it should have gone to the main one. My bad. I spent 5 minutes fixing the issue and 30 minutes putting all the data back where it should have been in the first place.
The dispute began early Thursday morning when dl.bukkit.org was suddenly made unavailable. The only hint given was an HTTP 451 response code (Unavailable for Legal Reasons). Later in the day, a document was made available which contained the full text of the DMCA. . .
I started Bukkit, I'm going to personally see it through for 1.8. Updating it now :)— Nathan Adams (@Dinnerbone) August 21, 2014
Confused, I dug a little deeper, and found a post made to the Bukkit Forums by none other than EvilSeph himself. At the time, the post had already been heavily edited, and after flipping back and forth between the post and the Twitter feeds of
Written by Maxim Roncace on August 22, 2014687 views